INTERNATIONAL DAY OF WOMEN AND GIRLS IN SCINECE…
Observed on February 11 every year, the international day of women and girls in science was declared by the United Nations General Assembly. This day recognises the important role women play in the field of science and technology. Gender equality and sscience are crucial for achieving development goals, which include the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Devolopment. Our community has made several efforts to engage women and girls in the field of science but they continue to exclude from participating fully in the field.
SOME OF THE FEMALE SUCCESSFUL SCIENTISTS :-
1. Maria Merian – DISCOVERIES / Nine species of butterflies and two of beetles etc…
(1647 – 1717)
2. Mary Anning – DISCOVERIES / Dolphin-like marine reptile called an ichthyosau.
(1799 – 1847)
3. Marie Skłodowska Curie – DISCOVERIES / Radium , Polonium etc…
(1867 – 1934)
4. Henrietta Leavitt – DISCOVERIES / She discovered the correlation between Period and Luminosity.
(1868 – 1921)
5. Gerty Cori – DISCOVERIES / Glucose -1-phosphate, a derivative of glucose, the form in which sugar, or glucose, is stored in muscles.
(1896 – 1957)
WE RESPECT THESE WOMEN SCIENTISTS WHO BROUGHT THESE EXTRAORDINARY ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE FIELD OF SCINECE.
PREPARED BY …
AMTUL RAFYA OF Xth grade.
THANKS TO ALL.